HAVE YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE BEEN A VICTIM OF?
SLIP & FALL
HARASSMENT / SEXUAL ASSAULT
We’re Here To Help You Win
No Cost To Speak To Us About Your Case
EXPERIENCED PROPERTY DAMAGE ATTORNEYS HANDLING
Condominium insurance claims
Renter’s insurance claims
If you suffered any type of property damage or any other insured loss such as theft, please contact our office for a FREE Proof of Loss Review before you make your claim.BEFORE YOU FILE YOUR CLAIM, YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY TO REVIEW YOUR CLAIM. HOW YOU WRITE YOUR CLAIM WILL SET THE TONE, CONTENT AND PARAMETERS OF YOUR CLAIM WHICH CAN LEAD TO TIME-CONSUMING AND EXPENSIVE LITIGATION. CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE CLAIM ATTORNEYS FOR A FREE REVIEW OF YOUR PROOF-OF-LOSS DOCUMENTS.
Call for a free proof of loss review
We will evaluate your documents at no cost.
WHY DO CLIENTS TRUST US FOR PROPERTY INSURANCE CLAIM LITIGATION AND WHY PUBLIC ADJUSTERS REFER US CLAIMS TO LITIGATE?
- We file lawsuits and pursue them through trial and appeal
- We have more than 38 years of experience
- Managed by a Board Certified Civil Litigator
- We maximize case settlement amounts and minimize time to settlement
- We do not just cherry-pick our cases - we file and litigate everything
- We protect the PUBLIC ADJUSTER and seek to maximize recovery
- We record and are willing to share our statistics on our property damage claim practice
- We maintain claims in our computerized practice database and can print reports detailing the overall progress of any particular public adjuster’s entire book of referred claims
- We work with recognized and well-qualified experts in the areas of roofing; property appraisal; contracting; structural damage; engineering; plumbing; water restoration; mold remediation and fire investigation & forensic services
- We have experienced attorneys that can give you a free evaluation
- We do not represent the insurance companies, only the insured
- Experienced at resolving even the toughest claims quickly
Call for a free proof of loss review
We will evaluate your documents at no cost.
WHAT TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE A CLAIM
If you need to file an insurance claim after suffering property damage from any type of casualty loss, then you should consult with a lawyer to help you obtain your settlement. By consulting with a property insurance lawyer to assist with the handling of your property damage claim, you will have a professional negotiator by your side to advise you about and, if necessary and requested, represent your legal and financial interest and you will have the help of an expert who understands the complexities of the insurance industry. Additionally, if your insurer fails to meet the terms of your insurance policy agreement, your attorney can carry your fight against the insurance company into court.
When you have suffered any type of property damage or other loss, the first thing you should do is contact your local agent to report the claim, preferably in writing. The insurance company should acknowledge your claim and send an adjuster to your property to inspect the damage. Once the claim is made and the damage is assessed, your insurance company should provide you with enough money to repair your property and return it to its pre-loss condition. Often, insurance companies will deny coverage or offer little to no money as compensation for your loss, attempting to settle your claim for a nominal amount. That is legally referred to as “bad faith”. A bad faith legal claim arises when your insurance company either wrongfully makes a final denial of your claim or makes a final offer of payment that would not allow you to make the necessary repairs. A bad-faith claim against your insurance company needs to be handled by an attorney.
Example of Cruise Ship Accidents
- Cruise Ship Nightclub Assault By Passenger- Lisa Appelbaum v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law- Suicide Crew Death Gregory Gonzalez Navarro - Ruiz v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Minor Child Injured in Camp Carnival- Simon Parker v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Cruise Ship Cabin Shower Slip and Fall- Anthony Giovan v. Celebrity Cruises
- Cruise Ship Tender Fall- Mary T.Shows v. Celebrity Cruises
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Slip and Fall- Cynthia Hills v Celebration Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Passenger Illness- Bernice Oltman v. Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Passenger Trip and Fall Injury- Caputo v Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Passenger Trip and Fall Over Speaker- Dennis Rich v Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Pool Wet Deck Slip and Fall- France Brayman v. Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Americans With Disabilities Act- Douglas Spector v Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Americans With Disabilities Act- US v. Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Cruise Line Boycott In Violation Of Maryland Anti-trust Laws-
- Emotional Distress- Sirome Smith vs Royal Caribbean.
- Excursion Incident- Ralph Meek vs Royal Caribbean.
- Cruise Line Boycott In Violation Of Maryland Anti-trust Laws
- Maritime Law - Wheelchair Ramp Related Injury- Debra Cox and Ted Cox v Princess Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Trip and Fall - Demand = $25 million- Bettie Jeannine Koons v. Princess Cruises
WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU HAVE A CASE
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO AFTER A PROPERTY LOSS
1. Promptly Notice Loss to the insurer. Contact your insurance company and/or agent immediately to report the loss (as required by the insurance policy.)
2. Mitigate Damages. Make reasonable and necessary repairs to protect the property.
3. Make Emergency Repairs as needed to prevent further damage to the property.
4. If working with a remediation company, carefully read and understand any Assignment of Benefits (AOB’s) from remediation companies. Know your rights under the policy.
5. Keep Damaged Property for the adjusters (public adjuster and insurance company adjuster) to review and examine.
6. Document the loss with photographs, video, personal inventory, receipts, witnesses, etc.
7. Arrange for Inspection of Loss by the insurer.
8. Report the loss to Charlip Law Group, L.C. for review and examination of your Claim and for a qualified submission of a Proof of Loss to the insurer.
9. Know your Duty To Cooperate with insurer’s investigation under the terms of the policy.
10. Don’t Release your rights and interests away. Never settle for less! Hire a Florida Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist to represent your interests. David H. Charlip, B.C.S. is one the few Board Certified Trial Specialists handling first party insurance claims in Florida.
Call For a Free Consultation
There is No Cost To Speak To Us
Why Should You Hire a Lawyer to Handle Your Insurance Claims?
If you need to file an insurance claim after suffering property damage from a hurricane, then you should definitely hire a lawyer to help you obtain your settlement. By hiring a hurricane lawyer to handle your property damages claim, you will have a professional negotiator by your side to represent your legal and financial interests and you will have the help of an expert who understands the complexities of the insurance industry. Additionally, if your insurer fails to meet the terms of your insurance policy agreement, your lawyer can pursue your interests in a court of law
What Does Hiring an Attorney Cost?
Lawyers handling first party insurance claims such as hurricane claims for the most part have their clients sign contingency fee agreements that provide that they are entitled to a certain percentage of the total claim award or the amount awarded for attorney’s fees, whichever is larger. The contingency percentage is usually 33.33% – 40%.
Why Charlip Law Group, LC?
In the event of a catastrophic hurricane or other severe storm, it can be extremely difficult to deal with your insurance company and work with them to get a fair settlement for the damage left behind. Hiring an experienced attorney, such as Charlip Law Group, LC, can help you ensure the best possible results from your claim. Moreover, with Charlip Law Group, LC you don’t have to necessarily hire the firm to handle your entire claim for a percentage of the recovery (although the firm certainly is available to do that and in certain cases believes that such representation is preferable).
Charlip Law Group, LC affords prospective clients “hurricane claim review” services on a flat fee basis that provide such clients with the crucial and timely legal input at the formulation stage of the claim submittal. Every homeowner making a hurricane claim would be foolish not to spend the comparably small fee involved to have an attorney review and consult on their proposed claim before it was submitted.
For homeowners in both Florida and New Jersey, Charlip Law Group, LC is proud to serve as your hurricane insurance claim lawyer. With so many insurance companies offering undervalued settlements, incomplete repairs to victims’ homes and other property, or outright denying insurance claims, the attorneys at Charlip Law Group, LC are eager to represent your interests. If your property has been damaged by a hurricane or other violent storm, contact the trusted insurance claim lawyers at Charlip Law Group, LC today to set up an initial consultation. We can answer any questions you may have and can serve as your advisors in ensuring that your insurance company handles your claim fairly, properly, and promptly.
Legal Issues Unique to Commercial Claims
When it comes to businesses that have been affected by natural disasters, and particularly hurricanes, it is difficult to anticipate how and to what extent these events over time continue to impact upon businesses, industries, and commerce in a given area. In many cases, the damage to area merchants may be felt for two or three years following a storm. Most business owners do not quite understand the significance or effect of being hit with a storm. Hurricanes causing significant damage may result in businesses having to close their doors for repairs for extended periods of time, resulting in a loss of revenue that is unrecoverable. Furthermore, companies may be unable to avoid reporting costs relative to hurricane damage when reporting their financial status, and insurance costs may skyrocket as a result of the high number of claims being filed and processed in the aftermath of a destructive storm.
The damage caused by hurricanes and tropical storms can be far reaching, and not something that can be rectified in a short or immediate period of time. Business owners who have either been affected by hurricanes or tropical storms, or those who are thinking about opening or expanding their businesses into hurricane-prone areas should consider all the ramifications involved and develop an action plan that will allow for speedy recovery with minimal interruption to the business.
Part of this action plan includes thoroughly assessing and understanding your commercial insurance policy and determining the type of coverage. Numerous issues tend to come up with insurance claims in the aftermath of a storm. For example, property damage claims may be denied, there may be excessive reporting requirements for hurricane damage incidents, insurance companies may fail to promptly pay claims or fail to properly and promptly investigate and assess hurricane damage claims, insurance companies may also low-ball claims assessments and settlement offers, and they may make accusations that a building does not meet specified code requirements. Due to the types of insurance issues that may result from storm damage, the best measures to take are preventative ones. In developing an action plan for your business and assessing your commercial insurance coverage, be sure to contact a Miami hurricane insurance claim attorney that can help you prepare your business accordingly.