North Miami Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
14 Ways to Ensure Quality Care for your spouse or loved one
The National Citizens’ Coalition for Nursing Home Reform (NCCNHR) knows that placing a loved one in a nursing home is one of the most difficult tasks a family member ever faces. But when it becomes necessary, prospective residents and their families should have the best information possible to make this decision. The purpose of this Consumer Guide is to help you navigate those resources, understand the Information, and make an informed choice. Contact our experienced North Miami nursing home abuse attorneys for more information.
Do Your Homework. As you begin to evaluate facilities, It’s a good Idea to do some preliminary research before you visit any nursing homes. Once you have gathered information, visits to the facilities you are considering will provide you with very important insights.
Once your loved one is in a nursing home, NCCNHR can help you get good care. Following the below 14 simple yet Important guidelines is the first start to ensuring quality care for your spouse or loved one. There are many resources that can help. If you feel that a friend or member of your family has been a victim of elder abuse, it is your right to seek legal action.
- Be a resident advocate· Join National Citizen’s Coalition for Nursing Home Reform.
- Visit often but vary the times you visit
- Take notes and make complaints In writing that are factually detailed
- Know your rights
- Take photographs
- Look at the chart
- Attend all care plan conferences and take notes
- Take down the names and shifts of all caregivers
- Avoid signing DNR orders If possible
- Stress fall precautions, where appropriate
- Speak with families of other residents and exchange notes
- Don’t be afraid to call an ambulance If emergent care Is needed but not being provided
- Meet the administrator and go to the administrator with any Issue you feel Is not being properly or timely addressed
- Call the ombudsman should you fall to receive satisfaction on any Issue from the facility
At Charlip Law Group, LC our North Miami nursing home abuse attorneys will represent your matters with the full consideration and respect you deserve. The lawyers at our firm bring many years of training and experience to the practice of law. Our multi-lingual staff will deal with your issues promptly. We are conveniently located in Miami-Dade County. Our South Florida location allows us to serve our clients in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties; throughout Florida and the United States.
Contact Charlip Law Group, LC at our North Miami, Florida offices toll-free at 1(888) 815-1418 or (305) 354-9313.